Thank you Lonnie
from Belmont Rooster
for adding me to your list of 15 people! I am so honored. I am new to WordPress ( 2012 fall), so this is a thrill to get an award from an inspiring gardener! I found your blog a bit ago and what an amazing blog you have…your gardens are inspiring, beautiful, knowledge is endless in your posts and most of all I enjoy your humor it shows in your blog( and your e-mails!)…. You are encouraging to those of us out here in cyber space blogging that are new, and that IN itself is inspiring! We live in such a “me” culture that it is so nice to meet someone who is so excited to see other people succeed. You took the time to e-mail and explain in more detail( which so many people don’t in cyber space) about how things work. You go out of your way to see others succeed…what a “gem” you are in a world of so many people out for themselves!
Stay genuine and keep on inspiring… In fact, the other week I was reading your blog about elephant ears and I thought…hmm…look at how well he takes care of “all” ( your collection is astounding!)his plants. I had left my black elephant ears outside and was feeling a bit “uninspired” about them this year, but when I read your post and saw your gardens…I got off my butt and ran outside to make sure I did not forget any and also to store them a bit better this year! You are an inspiration to all of us garden bloggers out here in our over the fence cyber community!!
….so go check out his blog and you will meet a very “genuine” person…Keep on blogging Lonnie to keep us all inspired..and in return we will try to do it as well as you have done on both of your blogs over the years….and thank you from all us bloggers out in cyber space when you take the time to think of all of us in your nomination!
Well, for this award I am supposed to state seven things about myself…
1. funny thing I like the number “7” of anything it is my lucky or favorite number! Well, that was easy-tee hee…
2 I HATE shopping for anything…..I do not grieve the decline of malls or stores…..lol! My poor daughters had to put up with my complaining…and I always believe God was good to me to give me a boy the third time since I HATE shopping and he hates it as much as I do-lol!
3 I could live without TV for the rest of my life , but don’t ever try to take away my kindle fire/lap top! grrrrrr….
4. I have not been in a movie theater in 30 yrs-lol. I waited until it came out on vhs/cd( back in the old days/amazon prime/netflix..if it is free..I watch it then…
5. I use to be a modern dancer in the days before I had kids! That was a lifetime ago,but I enjoy gardening since it makes me think of choreographing….the dancers are my flowers, herbs and vegetables all moving together to create a great masterpiece! Each year I get to create a new one!
6. Our newest car is a 2003, we drive our cars into the ground. We pay cash for our cars and drive them until the repairs are more than the car is worth. Our 98 truck is starting to look like it may need to be replaced soon…we have never had a car payment-YAHOO, but we do need to buy a new one here soon. I gave my youngest our 2000 Camry for graduate school, so our Toyota is not available! That car is like the energizer bunny..it never quits!….I miss that car( long sigh)….
7. I will always have a dog. I can’t ever imagine not having a four-legged friend in our home. AT one time we had 5 rescue dogs, now we have 3 …. I will never own a “designer dog” or “pure bred”..we love our mixed breed shelter dogs they are the best in the world!
I will be posting my inspiring blogs here as I develop a list…this is a hard thing for me since I never want to miss one person! I also want to take the time to post why these blogs inspire me…and they do!
1. My first blog has to be Annie’s Kitchen Garden. She was the first blogger that ever made a comment on my blog back when I started on Blogger. I find her blog an inspiration because it is filled with a lot of good advice. She was the first to introduce the carrot strip! I ask her continually if her garden is on steroids, but she says-no-lol…I have never seen a garden produce so much food and all of it is beautiful–she is an inspiration and mentor for all us out here trying to grow food on city lots!
2. Potagery-one of my favorite blogs for photography and interesting plants growing! I always learn something new when I visit Potagery. There is always a new plant that I have to just grow and of course the photography is some of the best I have ever seen of plants..he gets down and close with plants and introduces us to details we might just miss walking by a plant in our garden. His photos and plant selection are an inspiration. I also enjoy reading about his misses and her recipes and flower arrangements she puts together..pure beauty this blog..what an inspiration to me!
3. I enjoy reading Curiously different , but she has moved to a new place , so I am looking forward to her posts and the development of her new garden and home. Her photography of her home in California and plants are exquisite!She is very inspiring with her artistic touch to her space, gardens etc…enjoy her posts and photography…inspiring indeed! Oh, and I just love the title of her blog,too!
4. I LOVE The Violet Fern Blog…Her header is amazing and one of the most inspiring headers I have ever seen! The blog is named after her grandmother( hope I got that right:-)her gardens are well thought-out! I love reading about how she puts it all together to make Violet Fern a living work of art!She is studying to be a master garden, so I look forward to seeing what she comes up with next gardening season + sharing all her knowledge. She just seems to have that magical touch with plants that so many of us aspire to aquire..her blog is an inspiration!!! I love to read her posts since she always has something to inspire me to get out and get dirty:-)
5. I enjoy stopping by NEW blogger nemogreen and want everyone else to stop by and make comments. She is a new blogger from Spain that will be starting a new roof top garden here soon..look forward to reading all about her adventure in that arena. I am inspired by her venture into blogging and where it may take her…fun to see what she is up to and what story she is sharing..a new inspiring blogger:-) And the fact she is a life longer learner and shares..that is an inspiration..something we all should do!
6. Humor is something that just gets me through life and What the Ducks is one blog that makes me chuckle every time she decides to share one of her funny stories,random thoughts or adventures in the night-lol:-)If she is not making me laugh she has amazing photos of nature. Her blog is simple in words, but filled with inspiration to look at life differently..she “gets up close” to our world and shares in her photos weekly…I find her blog “simply” inspiring with ordinary life we just take for granted….
7 Well, I had to make Quarter Acre Lifestyle number seven since we both like the number seven! She has an amazing blog which I enjoy reading. I wish I had half the energy she has to do all the things she does in one day-lol. She is a good cook ( which I keep collecting all her good recipes but can’t seem to get them all done-they are really good ones,too!). She is an artist and can make things out of “nothing” look “beautiful”, look at her mosaics she made with heart rocks! Isn’t that inspiring! She is an “authentic”person, a real gem! When you read her blog you feel she is someone you could just walk across the street and sit down with a cup of coffee and talk about ANYTHING…I still love her post about the little green man she saw in the garbage can..see it takes an “authentic”creative soul to see that in a bag:-)It really does look like it! Her blog is an inspiration to encourage us to try to simplify and get down to the basics in life…
8. I found this blog Soul Gatherings when I was blog reading one day…I find her blog inspirational. I only found it a few months ago,but it is an inspiration in my life…she posts quotes, poems,thoughts and she also writes the most moving stories I have ever read….she moves me to tears in a good way…her posts make me think about what blessings I have in my life….and helps me to look at life through the eyes of others that I may pass on my journey through this life….
9. I love birds and I ride the Mississippi the entire year when the weather permits. I have noticed over the years beautiful birds that frequent our river. We do have Herons on our river,so this blog grabbed my attention. BabsjeHeron-Great Blue Herons is a great blog that mixes humor and great photos with”witty” posts and WOW photos that just grab your attention..do I need to say more..just check out the photos..INSPIRING!
10. I have some other bloggers that I wanted to nominate , but they have not posted in over a month , so I don’t know where they have all gone…so my list ends for now…..
I believe this will be my last award since this has been very difficult! I really do appreciate the nomination, but I don’t feel I can do this again..this was not easy! I really would want to take my time to make comments about everyone, so to do that takes so much time that I feel I will remain an award free blog….someone I nominated told me that and I thought, that sounds like a good way to deal with this nomination stuff…Award Free Blog–but thank you to Belmont Rooster for considering me:-)