I got an award from a fellow blogger, Wendy @
It was so kind of her to think of me! I enjoy reading her blog and always learn something new each time I stop by. I have a bunch of her recipes that I need to try this winter when I am done working in the yard.
I am not very good at this award stuff, so I’ll try the best I can. Here, are the rules for this award.
1) Use the logo above in the post.
2) Link to whoever nominated you.
3) Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
4) Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
5) Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
10 pieces of information about yourself
1. I use to be a modern dancer before we started a family in 1985.
2. I married my best friend 33 years ago, and am glad I did:-)
3. We have 3 kids and just recently ( last two years) our two oldest had our first grand children-YIPEE:-) I will admit I am behaving like all those people who get “nutty” about their grandchildren…yes, I am sorry to admit I am one of them it seems to just happen and you can’t stop it-lol
4. I have lived in the midwest all my life…but I have been other places-tee hee…
5. I am named after my great(s) grandfather ( Robert) that lost his law office in The Great Chicago Fire of 1871. My family goes that far back in the Chicago area!………there were too many Bobbie(s) with all those cousins , so my nickname for “Roberta” was Robbie…..and often when I meet other women named Roberta I always ask them, “Were you named after a great-grandfather” the answer is usually YES:-) Why else would you name them a female version of a male name…
6. I have to look away from the tv whenever a person/animal is hurt….that is why my laptop sits on my lap when I watch tv…I can’t watch a scary movie unless it is in black and white–I am a weeny!
7. I could live without my tv, but not my computer….
8. I have a “dumb phone” since I only use it to tx my kids, or for safety reasons since I am not a phone person( but if you call me and I have not talked to you in a long time, well, I may talk for hours)…I doubt I will ever have a “smart phone”…I had a bag phone for too many years after they came out with cell phones! If it works at my house, I use it until it breaks:-) I do have a kindle fire because I don’t see the purpose of a “smart phone” if the screen is no bigger than a playing card!
9. I LOVE to laugh, and I tend to have a loud laugh and I may even snort if I laugh too long….:-)
10. I am a Christian.
Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
I appreciated this award, but I can’t pick just 10…back in 1983 when I was asked by a dancer friend to take over an audition + choreograph a musical with jr. high kids…I could not decide who to cut since they were so young and just learning about life…I took all 40 kids! I had a great time with ALL the kids! This award feels like that time….there are too many great bloggers who I read weekly that I would never be able to pick just 10…so I will pass on this part of the award because I just can’t do it.…I guess, number 11 on my list should be..
11 I hate to make decisions!
Thank you Wendy for thinking of me…so everyone visit her blog because she has a great blog!!!!